Saturday, April 4, 2020

Figure Painting #1

This is the first Figure Painting I did for my class at the
Gateway Academy of Classical Art.  I started with a drawing 
(which I realized had his head too small, so I fixed that,) 
then transferred it to the canvas. For this painting I was only 
allowed to use bone black, raw umber and white, the goal 
being to learn how to use warm and cool tones.  It is not an 
easy task to see the different tones in the skin, but I am sure 
I will get there.  Every piece is a step in the right direction.

My drawing, probably used 4 of the 16 sessions we had with this model.

The finished piece after 12 of the  -3 hour sessions we had left.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pencil Portrait

This is an 8" x 10" Pencil portrait of my grandson. I started my art journey doing pencil portraits, so I do enjoy going back and ...