Thursday, August 16, 2018

"Disenfranchised"

Concrete, Wood, Rusty Bits   Size: W 19.5" x H 31" x D 12"

I started collecting "rusty bits" during morning walks, not knowing why, or what they could become.  After graduating from small "bits" to larger ones and becoming amazed at how many discarded bits and pieces one can find when one becomes mindful, I began wondering what they were saying to me and why I was collecting them.


I realized the pieces themselves spoke of having been discarded, broken and abandoned.  These words evoked an emotional response that led to the creation of this icon, symbolizing the castoff, the silenced, the disenfranchised in society who have been "passed over" and "fenced out." by the church of our day.

Price:  $800.00

Contact: ilermartha@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pencil Portrait

This is an 8" x 10" Pencil portrait of my grandson. I started my art journey doing pencil portraits, so I do enjoy going back and ...